DS Busuit - Premium Business Template for Joomla!

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Useing XDCC Catcher Pro+PeerBlock
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Useing XDCC Catcher Pro+PeerBlock

Useing XDCC Catcher Pro+PeerBlock 7 years, 1 month ago #402

• silent
  • Fresh Boarder
Well let me start with the new beta update ver. 2.5.0.5 seems to be working great so far and that new feature to auto update new channels upon install or use is awesome.

Ok now for some weird things i just seen not sure if its good or bad and this has nothing to do with XDCC Catcher, but more so with irc in general when using PeerBlock program when the snyc'ed channels from irc is loading to connect on XDCC Catcher.PeerBlock seems to be blocking certain known P2P torrent ip's that are known for uploading bad torrents that get people arrested.Thats what PeerBlock was made for.The question is why is it blocking ip's from irc?

Ya your reading my mind now.Is anti fraud inc's finely hitting irc?Anyway i would maybe post the ip's PeerBlockers blocking from XDCC Catcher joining but not sure if this is really a problem atm just posting to see what you guys think.HOWEVER if this a problem then maybe a futer update can get these bad irc channels blocked with PeerBlockers lists and intergrat these bad networks to not be used.

Thank you for read no hard feelings just posting something cya.

Re: Useing XDCC Catcher Pro+PeerBlock 7 years, 1 month ago #403

• balduz
  • Administrator
Thanks for the update. I also thought that peerblock was oriented towards p2p stuff.. so i'm surprised aswell that it would also start to target irc servers. Anyway, i'll be installing it this evening to see what happens and which sites are blocked. I can't really say if it will be possible to merge those lists with the ones catcher is using but i'll definatly take a look at it!

Thanks again

Re: Useing XDCC Catcher Pro+PeerBlock 7 years, 1 month ago #404

• silent
  • Fresh Boarder
i just need your thoughts on my post and reply your suggestion and things to that natures should i remove ip aka channel from the pack list within XDCC Catcher or not worry about what PeerBlock is blocking?Reply when you can Thank You.

Re: Useing XDCC Catcher Pro+PeerBlock 5 years, 8 months ago #501

• silent
  • Fresh Boarder
ya old post, buy just wanted to enlighten anyone needing updates on this subject.Peerblocker blocks ip's that are bad to use, and it will affect any program that connects to the internet.So if their is a irc channel or host that uses a bad "Red Flanged" ip address peerblocker will block it.Irc does not have many anti's out their from what i know. however always better safe then sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: balduz
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds