DS Busuit - Premium Business Template for Joomla!

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SOLVED - Possible memory leak/issue in Win 10?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SOLVED - Possible memory leak/issue in Win 10?

SOLVED - Possible memory leak/issue in Win 10? 2 years, 12 months ago #691

• jonnyp
  • Junior Boarder
I'm having trouble in Win 10 with XDCC-catcher. My non-paged memory keeps increasing with 1MB second as soon as I start connecting to servers and channels. It keeps growing until my memory usage is 99% and then Win 10 crashes violently. I have 16GB of RAM in this system, so it takes a few hours for it to happen but it's still really annoying! It works fine until my memory usage hits 99% though.

This behaviour only happens when I run XDCC-catcher as I've tried to troubleshoot other installed apps and programs without being able to replicate the memory increase situation.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by jonnyp.

Re: Possible memorey leak/issue in Win 10? 2 years, 12 months ago #692

• a7mag3ddon
  • Expert Boarder
What version of windwows 10 are you using, i am running Klipper on 10 without any issues at a..

take a look at the screenshot i attached, im connected to EVERY server and channel

Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by a7mag3ddon. Reason: added pic

Re: Possible memorey leak/issue in Win 10? 2 years, 12 months ago #693

• a7mag3ddon
  • Expert Boarder
Just a thought, make sure its a legit copy of windows 10 and not an early beta thats had the clock stopped on it or something. Check your anti virus isnt doing anything to klipper, test by excluding it from being scanned?

Re: Possible memorey leak/issue in Win 10? 2 years, 11 months ago #696

• jonnyp
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, thanks for replying!

It's a legal Win 10 Home edition installed. I've tried disabling anti-virus and pretty much all other programs and processes. Once I start connecting to servers and channels with xdcc catcher, the memory usage starts increasing quite rapidly. Definitely seems to increase faster the more downloads I have going at once too.

It doesn't seem to happen when I run other apps or programs.

As I'm writing this, my memory is up to 96% usage and I will have to reboot again otherwise it will soon get to 99% and crash violently.

EDIT: Finally figured it out! Seems like there's a memory leak that occurs because of the Killer E2200 network driver and Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver running. The non-paged memory pool will increase with downloading stuff. So I disabled the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver and rebooted. It seems fine now!

So it wasn't XDCC-catcher's fault, it just exacerbated it
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by jonnyp.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds