DS Busuit - Premium Business Template for Joomla!

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Reverse XDCC Problems
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Reverse XDCC Problems

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 1 year, 5 months ago #823

• jonnyp
  • Junior Boarder
Did you try the new private build from today?

Also try port forwarding 1024 to 1100 because I'm not sure XDCC catcher allows ports above 4096, which is why I requested we be able to specify port range without any restrictions.

Also create port forwarding for TCP and UDP, same in your firewall with both TCP and UDP.

Could you provide me the bot(s) that didn't work for you and I'll test them here.

This is my port forwarding rule on my router:
Port Forwarding Rules

Service Name...Public Ports..Local IP Address..Local Ports..ProtocoL..Action
IRC...................1024-1100....192.168.0.76..............................both.........edit / delete

And I have two program rules for XDCC catcher in my firewall, one for TCP to allow connection to ports 1024-1100 and one for UDP for the same port range.

And in XDCC catcher options under Transfer tab I've specified the Reverse DCC port range to 1024-1100,

Works perfectly now, even bots on other networks and channels which would never work before - probably because they're also passive bots.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by jonnyp.

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 1 year, 5 months ago #824

• a7mag3ddon
  • Expert Boarder
Ok ive added TCP/ UDP 1024-1100 ports to firewall, is this just a local port setting, or remote port as well ?
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by a7mag3ddon.

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 1 year, 5 months ago #825

• balduz
  • Administrator
@jonnyp : is your router upnp enabled? If so, you normally shouldn't have to manually create port forwarding on it.
When you start up catcher, does it display some list of upnp entries?

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 1 year, 5 months ago #826

• jonnyp
  • Junior Boarder
Hi balduz, I have not enabled UPNP on my router as it is poses a security risk. I would much rather just port forward manually for certain applications. I can try and test tomorrow though just to give you some feedback if you wish. I'll also check for upnp entries.

But as I said, catcher now works perfectly with port forwarding so I think you've implemented what needs to be implemented.

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 1 year, 5 months ago #827

• jonnyp
  • Junior Boarder
a7mag3ddon wrote:
Ok ive added TCP/ UDP 1024-1100 ports to firewall, is this just a local port setting, or remote port as well ?

Remote also.

I just put in the remote ports and leave the local ports empty (if local ports setting is empty, my router just automatically assumes it should be the same as my remote port range).
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by jonnyp.

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 1 year, 5 months ago #828

• jonnyp
  • Junior Boarder
Balduz,

I removed the port forwarding setting and enabled UPnP on my router and it worked without any problems. I tried about 10 passive bots and they all worked now.

I'll stick to manually port forwarding myself though.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds