DS Busuit - Premium Business Template for Joomla!

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Reverse XDCC Problems
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Reverse XDCC Problems

Reverse XDCC Problems 5 years, 9 months ago #479

• EMBOAR
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to request a file from:

Network: mircphantom
Server: irc.mircphantom.net
Channel: #movies-r-us

However, when i do the messages box says "Reverse XDCC detected", the request times out and nothing is downloaded. This happens with and without windows firewall enabled. Does anything special need to be done for reverse XDCC requests?

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 5 years, 9 months ago #480

• balduz
  • Administrator
Ey Emboar..

Normally, this is what happens when you request an XDCC.. The bot sends you his IP and a port it is listening to. Catcher will then make a connection on this specified port and IP so the transfer will start. When your bot is behind a firewall, this could cause some issues because the bots firewall need to allow a certain range of incoming ports to be open.

Reverse XDCC does the opposite... The bot will ask Catcher to reserve a (random) port and the bot will then connect to Catcher... So on Catchers side, a certain range of ports need to be opened. You can set this range in the settings.. This range should be allowed for incoming connections.

Let me know if you need some more help with this
Balduz

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 5 years, 9 months ago #481

• EMBOAR
  • Fresh Boarder
Thankyou for the very quick reply!

I do understand reverse XDCC, i've ticked the option in settings under transfers to use a certain range of ports for it (default 1024-4096), and these ports are not blocked by any firewall. Still, i get the error "could not find a free port for the reverse dcc". Could there be something other than firewalls that could be blocking these ports?

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 5 years, 9 months ago #482

• balduz
  • Administrator
Normally this message means that catcher couldn't "allocate" a free port within that range... I'll check the source again and will get back to you on this issue...

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 5 years, 9 months ago #483

• balduz
  • Administrator
Ey.. When you startup catcher, does it show your correct IP? You should see a line like "Your ISP IP ..."

Catcher will try to bind each port inside the range until it succeeds.. The message you're getting means that catcher did go through all the ports in the range and wasn't able to properly bind to it..One of the reasons why this might happen is that catcher wrongly detected your 'real' IP...

Let me know if its the correct ip

Re: Reverse XDCC Problems 5 years, 9 months ago #484

• EMBOAR
  • Fresh Boarder
XDCC catcher reports the correct IP address on startup and I can download the same file fine with mIRC.

Also, I just wanted to say that XDCC catcher is working beautifully apart from this one small issue, thankyou for creating such a great program
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds