[3.0.0.11 PRO] Slow downloads

Robert246

[3.0.0.11 PRO] Slow downloads

Post by Robert246 »

I am using the new 64bit Version (3.0.0.11 PRO Beta) and none of my downloads are faster thank 250 to 260kb, I have a 100mbit download speed. I can have multiple downloads, they all sit at 250 to 260 kb. Bandwidth control is not activated, so I am not sure what is causing this problem. I have had it since the new Version came out, initially I thought it was just the file I was downloading, but, after a few weeks, I see it is actually all my downloads.
balduz
Site Admin

Re: Slow downloads

Post by balduz »

Hi,

We're aware of this issue and this will be fixed in a new upcoming release, which should normally be available in one of two days.

Thanks
drioux

Post by drioux »

Using version 3.0.12 fixed the issue if bandwith control is OFF.

However if you turn on the Bandwith control, then transferts are limited to 256 KB/s (regarless of the bandwith control throughput selected with the dial).
balduz
Site Admin

Post by balduz »

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue. When setting the BWC to 1700, downloads are capped at around 1700... when at 3000, speed increases again.

Did you test this with the same bot as the one you did when testing without bwc?
drioux

Post by drioux »

Hi, yes. It was with the same bot(s). I interupted the download, modified the setting and restarted the download. Each time I activated the the bandwitdh control, the transfert slowed to 256. I will do some more testing this week and give you update.
balduz
Site Admin

Post by balduz »

drioux wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:51 pm Hi, yes. It was with the same bot(s). I interupted the download, modified the setting and restarted the download. Each time I activated the the bandwitdh control, the transfert slowed to 256. I will do some more testing this week and give you update.
No need to interrupt the download. When you change this in the settings, all currently ongoing transfers will also be updated.
drioux

Post by drioux »

Hi, I've done some more testing and each time I turn on Bandwidth Control, speed drop to 257 KB/s. I've put a word document in attachment with screenshots using the same file (had to split the file in 2 due to upload limitation).
Attachments
BandwidthControl2.rar
(208.3 KiB) Downloaded 963 times
BandwidthControl1.rar
(167.46 KiB) Downloaded 956 times
balduz
Site Admin

Post by balduz »

What i tried,
Downloading a pack without bandwidth control enabled -> full speed
Change the BWC to 170KB/s -> speeds starts dropping until it gets to around 170KB/s
Change the BWC to 500KB/s -> speeds starts to climb until it gets to around 500KB/s
Disable BWC -> full speed again

When enabling the maxspeed, speed will be limitited 'more or less' around this value.
But i can't reproduce this issue, no matter what i try.